Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Issue #2. Originally published in 2006.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi Readers!


Wow! You actually made it through the whole issue to read these ramblings! I thank you. This second issue's prologue was recreated for Meanwhile, a free publication consisting of indie artists, put together by Eric Mengel and Denny Riccelli. Both gentlemen are incredible artists and story tellers who have created Ocho and Cousin Harold, respectively.  


In this issue, for some reason, perhaps laziness, I did not put gutters between panels. The pages have a more haphazard look to them unfortunately. However, my character designs in this get a bit closer to how the characters appear in the later issues. As for the cover, I wanted to make a Mego style figure. At the time, I envisioned Finch's uniform being the colors of a finch. I would later realize that brown and orange are about the worst colors for a super-hero costume you can come up with. Sorry, late 1970's to late 1980's era Wolverine.


I hope you have enjoyed this more eco-friendly, electronic verion of Finch and the Sidekicks, issue 2. I know that in landfills somewhere, there are hard copies with cat leavings or fish wrapped inside them!


Thanks for reading. Stay tuned for the seldom seen, far more vulgar, issue #3.


Paul